Thursday, May 8, 2008

MS Walk in Monterey






Last weekend I did the MS Walk in Monterey with a couple of my best girlfriends. It's become a tradition, started by my friend Lisa, that I really look forward to each year. The first year we did it, we got lost on the way to the start line and ended up doing about four extra miles! Life with my girlfriends is always an adventure! We stay overnight the night before and go out to dinner. In the past we've gone to this really good Italian place called Cibo, but Julie has a thing against "good Italian," so this year we did Mexican, and had some kickass margaritas. Hope the girls remind me next year that I should stop at one! Then we go back to the motel and Lisa usually stays up making all of our team T-shirts, all the while regaling us with some hilarious story about her life. Lisa is the best storyteller, no matter what the subject, she'll make you laugh so hard you'll get tears in your eyes. Unfortunately, this year the weather was downright frigid, so we never got to show off her hard work, but I did get a picture when we got home. What is with all this fog on the coast anyway? ;^) It really was extremely cold - colder than I have ever experienced in Monterey, so I was happy to find that the route took us right by Starbucks. We stopped along the way so I could get my venti-nonfat-8-pump-no-water-chai. Yummm. Even in cold weather, Monterey is always beautiful. This year we even got to see the seals (or were they sea lions?) lying around on the beach. I can't wait until next year! Here are some pictures from the walk.

No comments: