Wednesday, November 7, 2012

My President and My Country

Today, I join many in being grateful for our President, and that our country had the forethought to give him another four years.  I know many of the other side of the political spectrum do not share this gratitude, but I am hopeful that, with time, they will be able to see that they, too, have much to be thankful for.  His re-election means so many things.  The biggest thing is that nobody in this country is going to have their healthcare taken away from them.  This is so important.  No one should be denied access to healthcare.  No one.  And now we are on the path to making sure no one ever is.  I am also so grateful that the President wasn't the only winner last night.  The other big winner?  LOVE.  Love won.  Four states voted and declared unequivocally that LOVE IS LOVE IS LOVE IS LOVE.  Like healthcare, no one should ever be told they cannot love who they love, or that they cannot dedicate their lives to living as one with the one they love, or that they don't deserve to have a family.  And now, we are on the path to being a nation where no one will be denied these very basic human rights.  Yesterday was a very good day for our nation, even if there are those who cannot or will not see it.  It was a good day for the sick, the poor, and everyone who loves.  I believe wholeheartedly that Jesus is smiling. And I am grateful to witness it and be a part of it.

No comments: