Sunday, January 4, 2009

Life with Boys

I get asked every so often what's it like to live with all boys. I think daily life is best described by these handful of words that constitute 90% of my daily conversation:

NO! Get your hands out of your pants! Get your finger out of your nose! Don't put that there! Get off your brother's head! I said NO! Why is your (jacket/shirt/shoes/jammies) on the floor and what are you going to do about it? Ewwww. If you'd listened the first three times, I wouldn't be yelling. Your shirt is not a napkin. Don't pester your brother. Don't hit your brother. Don't bite your brother. Don't touch. Give that back. Share or I'll take it away. Don't put that in your mouth! Don't put that in your ear! Dont' use that tone of voice with me. Get off the table. Get off the counter. Get off me! Stop running. Stop yelling. Just stop. Be nice to your brother. Go to your room. Go outside. Go jump on Dad. Go to bed. I love you. I love you more. I love to the end of the universe and back. Sweet dreams, I'll see you in the morning.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have those same things happening at my house...I think it happens with both boys and girls. But you sure are out numbered! You need more estrogen at your house!

Jeanne said...

I don't know, I think more estrogen would be bad. There is definitely something to be said for being the one and only Queen Bee of the house. LOL