Saturday, February 6, 2010

At Least She Is Predictable

Following my previous post (which apparently reveals me to be an angry bitter person. That should come as a shock to my friends.) Sarah Palin did me the favor of proving me right. Her outrage over the use of the R-word, as it turns out, is nothing more than a political tool.

Before I explain further, I do wish to retract something I said. I said I think Rahm Emanuel should be fired. I take that back. Rahm Emanual, whatever other flaws he may have, handled the criticism like a grown up. He apologize and he signed a pledge to eradicate that word from his vocabulary. I appreciate that.

As it turns out, other far more vocal people have thrown the R-word out there, most recently Rush Limbaugh, and Sarah Palin didn't have much to say about that. Everyone's favorite psycho talk show host, Glenn Beck has used the term repeatedly on air, and Sarah Palin has remained silent. When confronted with Rush's transgression, Sarah's spokesperson issued a watered down generic statement about how it's not nice for anyone to call names, and then she later walked it back by clarifying that she was not talking about Rush in particular.

So, let's review. A democratic member of the President's staff issues the word in a closed door meeting amongst a small group of people, and Sarah Palin composes a lengthy diatribe on her facebook page about his lack of decency and demanding that the President fire him. Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck repeatedly use the term on public airwaves where they are heard by huge numbers of people, and that gets . . . nothing. The Democrat apologized and signed a pledge. Sarah thinks he should be fired. The Republicans have offered no sign of concern or recompense. Sarah remains silent.

Sarah Palin is as transparent as she is shallow. She has no convictions. She can't be bothered to defend her son, unless it is politically advantagous for her to do so. She truly is shameless. Trig deserves better and so does our country.

No comments: