Sunday, November 4, 2012

Elijah James - My Monkey

Of all my boys, he is the most "boy."  He is always in motion, always loud, always has something smudged on his face.  He is the wildest of my Wild Things.  He earned the nickname "monkey" early on, when he showed a propensity for climbing up on anything and everything.  His hair is always a mess, but I don't want to cut it off and lose those beautiful curls. Plus, his hair matches his wild personality.  He is full of energy, but also full of affection and love. He is kind and caring, and like his brothers, loves to hug and cuddle and kiss those he loves.  He is the one who will age me the fastest, but he will be the one who takes care of me when I need him.  I know that because he tells me all the time "Mommy, I want to take care of you."

One of the things I love watching is the way he follows and plays with Nick.  He absolutely worships his big brother, and always wants to be doing exactly what Nick is doing.  Sometimes Nick finds it bothersome, but mostly he loves being looked up to, and I am so glad that they get along so wonderfully despite their age difference.

Despite his learning challenges, he loves school, and is always wanting to learn more, and create things. During Halloween this year, when we got boo'd,  he immediately set to work making a bunch of things for his friend down the street so we could boo him. He drew pictures, and made a secret agent weapon, and he made a bow and arrow out of pink duct tape, a rubber band and a paperclip.  Toothpicks were the arrows.   I hope he never loses that drive to learn and create.

He really did complete our family.  He is the perfect baby brother, my beautiful wild child, my Elijah James. Love you baby boy! To the end of the universe!

Thank you God, for all of my beautiful amazing Wild Things!



No comments: