Thursday, November 1, 2012

My Hunny

There are 61 days left in the year.  My goal for the rest of the year is to share my blessings each day.  I know a lot of people are doing the gratitude posts each day of November on Facebook, but I wanted to go into more depth than would be appropriate for a Facebook post, so I am blogging instead.

I am starting with my ROCK.  My amazing and wonderful Robert.  I really don't know how I got so lucky.  He is such a stellar husband and father.  I am so thankful for him in so many ways.  He works very hard at his job.  He is crazy smart, and is very well respected in his job.  He goes to work and often works long hours to make sure we are cared for, and allows me to continue to stay home and educate Peanut.  He sacrifices so much to do that.  He misses the opportunities I have to go out and do fun thins with the Wild Things.  It was his idea to take Pickle to Disneyland for his 12th birthday, and I thought he should be the one to take him, but he was unable to be away from work, so I got to go instead.  He really needs, and deserves to be able to do those things too.

He "gets" me.  We are different in certain ways, yet we fit together perfectly. While he prefers to be with just our family, I need time to be social with friends.  He understands the importance of time spent with my friends and he encourages it.

When we are together, he is affectionate in big ways and small. Hugs, kisses, cuddles are part of my everyday life with him. He sets a perfect example for our boys of how to treat a woman; with kindness and respect and love.

He helps with the house, doing laundry and cleaning. He reminds me, when I worry or stress over my inability to keep up with the house, that I am not staying home to clean, but staying home to teach.  I have a job in educating our son, and the housework is secondary to that, so he is forgiving and supportive when he comes home and the house is worse than when he left it.

I simply adore watching him engage with the boys.  In addition to the requisite rough housing and other shenanigans that come with having boys, he also cuddles and kisses them daily. He encourages them when they are frustrated and pushes them when they don't try their best.  His faith in them and in what they can achieve inspires me.  It is said the divorce rate among couples who have children with special needs is pretty high.  We have three kids with special needs and we are rock solid.  That is because of him.

Thank you God, for this man I love with my heart and soul.  Please watch over and protect him always.

No comments: